About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Harnessing My Trepidation

"I cannot remember the books I have read any better than the meals I have eaten; even so, they have made me."   - Ralph Waldo Emerson

In my experience, nearly every new adventure brings with it an almost equal measure of excitement and trepidation. Although some might say those are two opposing forces, for me, each gives some fuel to its counterpart. Anyone out there relate to this? 

Which brings me to my newest adventure, scheduled to begin in early November. Directly below is a brief description, in case any local reader decides they'd like to participate, at least for the maiden voyage. Let me know of your interest either via a comment here or with an offline e-mail or phone call; I'll supply some particulars. And wish me luck harnessing my trepidation into excitement. 

Join a community of interested people who will share ideas and gain insights on a different topic each month. Our facilitator Pat Barton will ignite the conversations using readings, music, and film as a means of exploring different perspectives on subjects like joy, belonging, and courage.


6 comments:

  1. You know I am a sucker for such things! Count me in if it is at a time that I can make it.I recently joined a group of women who are discussing books and topics related to science and it has been most interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ines; More details the next time I see you. Glad I've piqued your interest.

      Delete
  2. Very cool! I look forward to hearing more about this as you all get started.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gina; Thanks for comment. I'll fill you in later this month.

      Delete
  3. Ok, my friend … Curiosity piqued. Count me among those interested. Looking forward to this.

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bob; Thanks for your comment AND your interest. More to come when we next see each other in mid-October.

      Delete