About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Monday, June 27, 2011

Blogging Away The Blues

Because I've used a journal for many years, I've known for a while that writing is an effective method for managing stress; much of the literature supports this. And now, since beginning this blog in March, I've noticed my moods dip much less frequently. Call it blogging away the blues.

I'm not sure why this is so. The private disciplines I've integrated into my life - journaling, exercise, practicing guitar, meditation - have become almost as much a part of my days as eating & sleeping. Now, blogging. Perhaps the public nature of this newest discipline helps keep the blues at bay?

I believe Werner Erhard was credited with saying "Why is the booby prize". So instead of musing more on any "whys" of mine, tell me what you've discovered helps you with the blues. After all, it is Monday, even if it's not stormy.

No comments:

Post a Comment