About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Requested Update From March 23

A few days ago, I was thrilled when a reader of my blog asked me which countries my wife and I had visited (via cuisine) since March 23. This reader recalled I'd said in that early posting I'd be giving "periodic" updates.  http://reflectionsfromthebellcurve.blogspot.com/2011/03/world-traveling-via-food-to-be.html

The tally after six months? Four countries. Italy, of course, was easy and we've been there more than once. In April we went to Cuba & in August to Thailand - for both those we travelled with friends. Most recently, for our 28th wedding anniversary last week, we went to Vietnam via a place in Red Bank called Pho Le. That one has been our favorite of the three more "out of the way" countries. But, my wife correctly observed their outside sign needs adjusting. That sign reads more like "p-hole" - not nearly as appetizing as their delicious food.

At this rate, I estimate we will accomplish the March 23 goal in approximately 25-27 years, provided the number of countries in the world does not significantly increase. I will, however, need to begin planning a little better so that on the (ahem) back end of those years, we're eating the cuisine of countries easier on both the teeth and digestive system.

No comments:

Post a Comment