About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Monday, April 23, 2012

Sating That Lust

If you have the bug, what do you think is at the root of your wanderlust?

Like many people I know, my early life had next to no travel. Aside from a few adolescent adventures in Atlantic City with high school friends, hotels were unknown to me until my mid 20's. Prior to my first cross country driving trip in 1972, the only other states I'd ever been in were neighboring New York (NYC only), Pennsylvania (equally nearby Philadelphia only), Delaware & Maryland (en route to Washington DC) - all for school sponsored trips. My first airplane ride (two seater) didn't occur until I was almost 23.

Since that first driving trip across the US, my wanderlust has steadily grown. I love NJ and have never had a mailing address outside the State. But the bug to wander has burrowed in deep. Recently, someone asked me the same question posed at the top of this post. I have difficulty identifying how I was infected. 

2012 is shaping up as a good year to sate my lust: My first extended visit to Kentucky just finished; Denver (#2) in May; Virginia & Massachusetts (lost count on my visits to both) over the summer; Tuscanny (#1 for that area - 2nd visit to Italy) in early fall.  If you've got this bug, what's your next adventure?   

2 comments:

  1. Caribbean for my honeymoon! St Thomas, St Maarten, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're in Tuscany now!

    ReplyDelete