About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Friday, March 1, 2013

One For The Road

Which profession is the modern-day equivalent for the bartender of old who would listen to semi-inebriated tales of woe and heartbreak? I nominate the barristas of locally-owned coffee shops.

Don't try this at Starbucks, OK? But next time you patronize your local coffee shop, instead of taking your Joe to go, sit and sip and listen. I'll wager even money you'll run into at least one of the following:

* A tale involving family rivalries, dysfunctions, feuds.
* Some saga of love - a quarrel, an engagement or wedding, a parting.
* If barrista is female, listening will likely accompany the latte prior to advice being offered. Male barrista?  Listen for snappy solutions served with the soy milk.

I'll wait for your report. In the meanwhile, just milk in my coffee, please.     

No comments:

Post a Comment