About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Thursday, July 25, 2013

A Tool For Seekers

Of the tools I routinely turned to in my last full time job, the one I most miss using regularly is the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI). If unfamiliar, I encourage you to spend a few minutes online learning a little about it, especially if you're a seeker.

Based on the pioneering work of Swiss psychiatrist Carl Jung, the MBTI greatly assisted me with the high potential people who were my main customers. As much as the tool helped those folks better navigate the world of relationships, I reaped an equal or greater benefit. Nearly every time I administered, interpreted and then debriefed the MBTI with a customer, I gained new insights about my own interactions. And as I got better using the tool those insights deepened, lending credence to the words of Buddha - "We teach best what we need to learn most."

Though I have less opportunity to use the tool now, there's an ample supply of literature to help me at least stay up-to-date. Still, I do miss the almost daily practice, especially when one of those bumpy, if inevitable interactions comes my way.   

No comments:

Post a Comment