About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Friday, August 1, 2014

Holiday For The 1% With Less Cash

I've tried valiantly to elevate this most barren of months. On August 1 2012 and 2013, I proposed new holidays to help August join the other eleven months of the year that each have at least one - my clever holiday proposals are outlined in the posts at the bottom. If this year's ingenious idea does not take hold, I might have to give up. Hallmark marketing department - three strikes.

As of late 2013 there were 152 million blogs on the Internet. Since about half are business blogs, that means approximately one out of every one hundred individuals on the planet has a blog. So, I propose August 1 be celebrated as "International Bloggers Day" in honor of us, the 1% - I finally got off the bell curve.

To help kick off this important new holiday I suggest -
* All cards sent in this and subsequent years include a generous donation - no bit coins, please.
* Non-estranged family members of the 76,000,000+  individual bloggers must immediately sign up as followers to give their family member's blog the artificial appearance of significant reach.
* Employers are required to grant a day off to those among the 1% who have been personally vetted by the inventor of the holiday. Bloggers - Said vetting begins with your first pithy comment posted here.

http://reflectionsfromthebellcurve.blogspot.com/2013/08/in-case-i-forget-january-3-july-24.html

http://reflectionsfromthebellcurve.blogspot.com/2012/08/august-1-2014-national-book-day.html

No comments:

Post a Comment