About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Sunday, February 5, 2017

All Quiet On The Bell Curve

It's 7:59 p.m. EST on Sunday February 5, 2017 as I begin typing. No matter when you get around to reading this, I'd wager you could tell me what you were doing over the next few moments, even if you weren't watching the Super Bowl. Because if you weren't watching it, many people you know and love were; maybe you got some quiet time for yourself?

Aside from Christmas, there is no other day of the year I can reliably depend on getting almost no e-mail, phone calls, or interruptions. I'm no hermit but I must admit, the dependable Super Bowl respite from communication is welcome. Sunday - no snail mail to retrieve or garbage or recycling to take to the curb. No one schedules anything, no one drops by. (When was the last time - Super Bowl Sunday or otherwise - that somebody dropped by at your place?)

It's 8:10 p.m. What are you doing? I love Super Bowl Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment