About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Monday, March 27, 2017

Who You Calling A Sissy?

"Getting old is not for sissies" - Bette Davis

To be clear: I definitely prefer getting old to the alternative. And I refuse to become an old fart who perpetually complains about age-related physical ailments. But claiming those words of Bette Davis never cross my mind would be a lie. Recently, I've felt old when ...   

* Noting the number of dead people in my address book.
* Realizing the birthday parties I attend usually end long before midnight.
* Visiting a public rest room just to be safe.

On the other hand, I continue to enjoy skiing with my daughter, loud rock n' roll, and rolling around on the floor with children. Which things remind you of the inexorable march of time? What things do you do to defy the stereotypes others have of people "your age"? 

No comments:

Post a Comment