About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Thursday, June 1, 2017

Words That Count

When in your life have the kind words of others really meant something to you? How often do you acknowledge aloud how much someone means to you?

The more I tune in, the more I notice how much kind words can mean to others. And though I've always been proud of my willingness to tell people dear to me how I feel about them, my growth edges in this area are to be more specific and more concise. I want to be certain my words of love, esteem, or condolence really count.

My awareness about this was renewed after watching a video made at my March 2010 retirement celebration. The kind words said about me that night later helped me in my words of condolence to a friend just a few weeks later. The two situations had nothing in common except those words that count.

No comments:

Post a Comment