About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Monday, April 10, 2023

Defying Description

Each time I think the most recent National Park I've experienced can't be topped, the next one ups the ante. Which of these treasures has most captivated you, at least, as of this moment?

Arches National Park is otherworldly. It was easy to picture a dinosaur roaming the landscape alongside us as we hiked here this a.m. The primitive beauty of each vista was surpassed by the next. Still, nothing could have prepared me for what was just ahead as we rounded the final corner. Those two tiny figures in the picture below are my wife and me standing under Delicate Arch, a place that defies description.      



6 comments:

  1. Mark the bus driverApril 11, 2023 at 8:18 AM

    Pat - glad you are enjoying Arches NP. Fun fact - the Delicate Arch is depicted on the Utah license plate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mark; So nice to see a comment from you so quickly after we met. And thanks for the fun fact. I'll look forward to communicating with you as you prepare to join the blogosphere.

      Delete
  2. Good morning, Pat. Having not yet had the opportunity to see these places first hand - unless you could seeing it at 33,000 feet while flying to LA many, many years ago - the only thing I can say is .. 'WOW'. Thanks so much for sharing.
    Be well,
    Bob

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bob; You're welcome. Thanks for reading and here's hoping you get to see this amazing place one day.

      Delete