About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Friday, February 23, 2024

Dispatch Near the End of an African Adventure

Big thanks to those of you who've read my recent dispatches from Africa. Bigger thanks to those who took the time to make a comment on one or more of those posts. I only wish Wi-Fi had been more consistent because every day had several moments of magic I wanted to share while they were still fresh. 

Can any picture meaningfully convey the splendor of the Chobe River separating Botswana and Namibia? Which words might help bring you close to our experience as this African adventure approaches its end? Below is the river as it looked from the porch of our cabin on the Namibia side. Chirping insects, croaking frogs, and roaring lions greeted us at night. The vibrant birdsong enchanted us on our short walk to breakfast each morning. And each trip down the river was better than the last, bringing us into close and regular contact with herds of elephants, hippos and crocodiles within yards of our boat, countless birds.

I feel fortunate to have experienced the majesty of Africa.



4 comments:

  1. Thanks for bringing us along with your posts. And yes, MAJESTY is the word!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ines; Thanks for reading and commenting. I'm anxious to speak with you and compare notes on our experiences in Africa.

      Delete
  2. Love This !! Thanks again for all of the post and pictures
    Bob

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bob; You're welcome; thanks for reading and your comments.

      Delete