About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Saturday, July 2, 2011

To List Or...Not To List?

I've just got to know - Is there anyone out there OR have you ever met someone who makes no lists? I can understand not making grocery lists or keeping a list of books you want to read or not having a list of personal phone numbers (hey, that counts as a list, whether you care to admit it or not). Although I use all of those (and others), I'm sure many people can live without those three types of lists. But, no lists at all? I have trouble imagining a person like that. Which of your lists would you have trouble doing without?

When I was a young boy, my sister once uncovered my "list of my lists". I admit this is excessive, if not necessarily certifiable, and we have since laughed about that list many times. I don't have that particular list anymore, but recently I did compile a list of all the ways/places where I write, including this blog. I suppose that is not real different than a "list of lists", so I guess it's safe to say I'll never outgrow this habit. Truth be told, I don't think I want to. How about you? Could you imagine yourself with no lists?

If your answer to that last question is no, as I suspect it is, I think you'll agree it's appropriate I borrowed from the Bard. My question is not as existential as Hamlet's but it is something many of us can relate to. Wait, I think I just stumbled onto another list - "Things many of us relate to". No, I think I'll just continue using my blog for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment