About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Today

"Writing is the act of self-discovery"  - David Hare

I cited the quote above in my first blog post on March 15 of last year. The key thing I've discovered about myself over the ten months writing this blog is how important public creative expression is to me. Needy, you say? Guilty as charged. Who can lay claim to not being needy in some way?

Many days I'm unsure who is paying attention. And I'm reasonably sure some of my posts have not been read by anyone. I could be glib and say that doesn't matter; that would be untrue - I care very much. But I can't let it get in the way of continuing or allow that fact to affect the attention I give to what I'm creating. I try to vary my subject matter, keep the posts brief, and avoid unduly repeating myself. Mostly, I attempt to stay true to my original objective - reflect on things those of us on the bell curve have on our mind.

Today? I'm in a pensive and vulnerable place. What do you do when you feel this way?

No comments:

Post a Comment