About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Referee Pat

How much inconsiderate, unpleasant or inappropriate behavior could be mitigated if penalties comparable to football could be routinely meted out? Referee Pat suggests the following:

Someone who keeps you waiting all the time? Delay of game. Someone with an ill-defined sense of personal space? Offside. Five yards for both of those in football and $5.00 sounds like a fair penalty to me for these minor infractions.

How about people who don't mind their own business? I call ten yards for interference; $10.00 sounds about right. How about people who have trouble keeping their hands to themselves? Offensive holding, like interference, is also a ten yard penalty in football but $10.00 doesn't strike me as near enough for the comparable behavioral violation. Referee Pat goes for ejection from game on that one.

What parallels and ideas for penalties come to you?  

No comments:

Post a Comment