About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Sunday, September 25, 2016

Will He Behave?

If the projections are even close to accurate, 100 million people could be tuned in to the Presidential debates tomorrow evening. Despite an admittedly perverse curiosity  - will he behave? - I didn't watch the primary sideshows (on either side) and don't plan to break my streak. Besides, tomorrow is a busy day and the circus starts around the time on Monday evenings when I sometimes sit down to write a blog post.

Anyway, my wife can fill me in. There'll also be no shortage of opinions bouncing around on Tuesday a.m. I'll probably eavesdrop on some local coffee shop punditry, scan the papers at the library, read a few rants on Facebook.      

If you're like me, i.e. one of the 200+ million who is skipping this not-to-be-missed event, what will you be doing tomorrow night instead? And what do you think - Will he behave?

1 comment:

  1. If hypocrisy stinks, then there's a putrid odor emanating from this blogpost. Let's see if I've got this right. You will not spend ninety minutes watching / listening to the debate.. Instead, you intend to do the following: 1.) Listen to opinions at the local coffee shop. 2.)Check newspaper write-ups.
    3.) Look at Facebook rants. 4.) Let your wife do the actual work.
    Pat, you are a spineless jellyfish. Rebuttal?

    ReplyDelete