About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Friends I've Never Met

 

Each time I see this inspirational sign on a lawn, my addled list making brain goes into overdrive. If a mailbox is readily accessible without trespassing, I rejoice because ...  

Returning home, I peruse my book journals, consult my film log, scour my music collection. Then I compile a list that will allow me to anonymously commune with soulmates. 

Depending on the day, my schedule, and how many of the equally meaningful beliefs from the sign I want to address, my soon-to-be-inserted-in-the-mailbox list will vary in length. My next gift to friends I've never met - addressing belief #1 - will include these fortifying suggestions:

Suggested reading: Nickel Boys, Colson Whitehead novel

Suggested viewing: 13th, Ava DuVernay documentary 

Suggested listening: American Skin, Bruce Springsteen song 

Your turn: Pick another of the beliefs and make your suggestions to these friends I've never met. 

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Ines; I haven't researched it but I'm sure it can't be hard to find on the Internet.

      Delete