Wednesday, September 16, 2026

We're Patiently Waiting

Given the in-between years don't have the cache of the milestones, I'll permit a bit of wiggle room about what you send our way tomorrow when my wife and I celebrate our 43rd anniversary. However, being that no rubies - or the monetary equivalent - appeared on our doorstep (or in our bank account) three years ago on our 40th, this post should be your guide about our 45th on September 17, 2028. Sapphires, please. Those sapphires needn't be blue; save those for our 65th anniversary. But bigger is better. And please: No complaints about the timing; you've got two full years to save.

In the meanwhile, what precious stone - or its monetary equivalent - is crossing your mind that is commensurate with your esteem for your favorite blogger and his better 2/3? Bitcoin = a non-starter. But we're otherwise reasonable people. Given the longstanding tradition, something more lavish than rubies but not quite as lush as sapphires seems about right, wouldn't you agree? 

Although we'll be gone for the day celebrating, that needn't interfere with your generous gesture. Our bank routing number is available upon request and there's always Amazon. Be sure to insure. 

11 comments:

  1. How about if I take some of your Amazon points?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pat. I know what you will really appreciate is our heartfelt congratulations on this milestone. By the way, you never thanked me for the gold bars I sent for your 40th. Bob & Te

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Anonymous" Bob; I'd forgotten about those gold bars. If memory serves, the card read "From an anonymous admirer" so I wasn't sure who to thank at the time.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations you two! I'll send a mantra--which is what the gurus give on momentous occasions. Here it is (I received it myself this morning and must pass it along): What if today you woke up with only the things you were thankful for yesterday? Happy 43rd anniversary to you both--
    prime numbers are the best numbers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Regina; Thanks for the congratulations & the mantra.

      Delete
  4. LOL! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to you both on an impressive prime number! We’re only about 8 years behind. Would love to catch up at some point, perhaps before the year is out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is Andy S, btw.

      Delete
    2. Andy; Thanks for the comment and the congratulations. Will next respond to your e-mail. Stay tuned.

      Delete