Reflections from the Bell Curve: Goal for Year 77
Several weeks after your first birthday last year, as pledged in the post above, I began a project for you - modeled after one I started for your mother when she turned eight - recounting my most cherished memories of some things we'd shared in the year that had just passed. My current plan - on your 16th birthday in 2040 - is to present you with a book much like the one I gave to your mother on her 21st birthday. Along with pictures from each year of your precious life will be all the hand-written letters I wrote to you, beginning with the one finished late last year. I'll begin my second letter sometime over the next week, i.e., what we've shared in the year between your first and second birthdays.
On October 3, 2040, I'll be seven weeks away from my ninety first birthday. Here's what I hope will happen that day:
* With your grandmother by my side, the three of us will take a walk to a local ice cream store, your book in hand.
* The three of us (or five if Mom and Dad join us) will enjoy our ice cream while reading parts of the letters and looking at the pictures of you as you grew up.
* We'll laugh a lot. Then we'll walk home.
I'm excited.
Jeeps

I love the Plan, as I always have. Since you will be 91 and I will be 86, I hope the ice cream store will be close by...just a short walk. Or maybe Leo will drive us there; he should have his learner's permit by then! This is the most wonderful project, Jeeps.
ReplyDeleteGlad you approve of the plan, especially since you play an essential role in it. BTW, you've set a new record for shortest-ever distance between publishing of a post and a comment - 12 minutes! Impressive.
Delete