About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Saturday, December 31, 2022

Best of 2022

Though many of the headings in this series have changed since its inception in 2012, one thing has remained the same - the gratitude I feel looking back at all the joy each year brings, even the tough ones. I hope you'll join in this year and tell me and others what made 2022 memorable for you. Use my headings or your own.

1.) Best family event: No competition here. My daughter's July wedding was equal parts beautiful, moving, and exhausting. If I hadn't had on my Fitbit, people would surely have thought I'd exaggerated in saying I never left the dance floor. But the 28,000 steps my Fitbit tallied that day are proof there's life left in these Act Three bones. And that five-piece brass band at the cocktail hour?  Ass kicking! 

2.) Best news: Also no competition. Over the recent holidays we learned my daughter and her writing partner will soon be directing their first feature length film. Stay tuned for future bragging. 

3.) Best addition: My new writing group, a much better experience than previous groups I've been in of a similar nature. Good moderator, useful insights, great fellowship with other aspiring writers. 

4.) Best moment telling me there are people who know the true value of money: Some years back, after reading the backstory of Yvon Chouinard, I felt like I knew the man. Learning this past fall what he has decided to do with all the future earnings of Patagonia - the company he founded - is beyond inspirational. I hope I'd do as he plans to, were our positions reversed. I'll never know.  

https://nypost.com/2022/09/15/patagonia-founder-yvon-chouinard-to-give-away-his-company/

5.) Best re-discovery: Music & movies are perfect together. The link below to my Mt. Rushmore series was written before I recently re-watched Pretty in Pink and laughed aloud as Jon Cryer danced to Otis Redding's version of Try a Little Tenderness. Cinematic magic & musical splendor joined at the hip. 

Reflections From The Bell Curve: #67: The Mt. Rushmore Series (Re-Visiting #10)

 Happy New Year!


No comments:

Post a Comment