About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Monday, May 9, 2016

The Judging Monkey Takes A Nap

What does the expression "wasting time" mean for you? How well are you able to distinguish wasted time from necessary down time? Or, are they the same thing?

This dilemma has been a lifetime story for me. My strong goal orientation has frequently made it difficult for me to distinguish between the two. Further complicating matters, my default coping mechanism when I'm low is sleep. Am I squandering hours or re-charging when I take a nap? The answer varies, often depending on how much I feel I've recently accomplished or learned. Sound familiar, anyone?

There is one bright spot. My perpetual struggle with this balance makes me less inclined to judge most things others do as wasting time; perhaps that's what that person does when they need down time. And anything that prompts my judging monkey to take a nap - even if I'm wide awake - is very welcome. How about that? Familiar?

No comments:

Post a Comment