About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Sunday, July 30, 2017

Four Tires, Thanks

Think of the person you're closest to in the world. What cooperative activity designed for two people to do together would you avoid even with that person?

On the face of it, a tandem bicycle ride seems like a natural fit for my wife and I. We've taken several biking vacations, we both enjoy cycling as exercise, conversations would be easier if we shared the same bike. Is a bicycle built for two an enticing prospect for you and your partner?

Although I'm reasonably certain our marriage could survive a tandem jaunt, I'm nearly as certain this ostensibly romantic pursuit is not in our future. Whenever I've been tempted to suggest we try it - a fantasy that often pops up while we're enjoying an otherwise idyllic vacation - a mental replay of our one ballroom dancing class unspools in my head. That particular early-in-our-relationship fiasco helps to persuade me my wife and I need four tires between the two of us.

BTW, who controls the steering on a tandem? Oh boy.

1 comment:

  1. And why do you always see the guy riding in the front?

    ReplyDelete