About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Thursday, July 19, 2018

Have Blog, Will Reflect

First, sorry for the baby boomer TV inside joke masquerading as the title of this post; Paladin fans will forgive me. Still, the curious among you should have some fun trying to guess the answers to today's questions; geography geeks may also be amused. And question #3 might appeal to those who fancy themselves logical. Ready? Answers below; no peeking if you want to qualify for the prize.

1. On a brief bike ride along the ocean passing through just two New Jersey shore towns (Spring Lake and Belmar), how many unique out-of-state license plates did your favorite blogger spot?

2. Which plate was from the furthest point west? South? North? Think outside the box for the last one.

3. Which out of State plate was, by far, the most represented? Put your logical thinking cap on for that.  

4. What was the first out of State plate this nerd spotted? The last?

Before revealing the answers let me reassure you. I was able to spot and count the plates easily along this four mile stretch - and still watch for pedestrians - because both towns have angle-in parking.

1.) Fifteen unique license plates. I lumped two states I couldn't readily identify into one so give yourself credit if you answered sixteen.

2.) Washington State; Florida; Ontario.

3.) Pennsylvania. Perfectly logical - aside from the outliers, like West Virginia etc., all the other usual nearby East Coast suspects I spotted (Maryland, Connecticut, etc.) touch the Atlantic. Among NJ's  neighbors, only Pennsylvania does not; those folks drive here in droves.

4.) New York; Tennessee.

I will trust your honesty - online or off - to tell me how many of these you got right. First prize? All expense paid trip to my house to peruse the Atlas with yours truly. Such a deal.
     

3 comments:

  1. I'm going to guess 8 different states. West - ohio. North, Rhode Island (not out of the box, I know). South, Virginia. State most represented: NJ. First spotted? NY. Did I get any right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Epic fail. Misread one question and got only one right.

    ReplyDelete