About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Sunday, December 29, 2019

Til There Were Two

https://patrickbarton.bandcamp.com/releases

Thanks to everyone who has asked me about the recording project I first mentioned here some years back featuring my daughter singing eight of my songs. If you click the link above you'll be taken to a website called bandcamp where those songs now reside. Anyone who would like an actual CD just let me know via a comment here or an offline e-mail and I'll get one to you. FYI, the song sequencing on the CD is different than the one on bandcamp.

The inordinate delay between first cryptic mention of the project and today's anti-climactic finale? A nasty stew of technology-enabled procrastination, ill-conceived paranoia about intellectual property, and old-fashioned creative fear which then morphed into semi-paralysis. Though what you'll now be able to hear was finished in late 2017, without my wife and daughter acting as midwives, all of this would have languished indefinitely as MP-3 files on this laptop.

I'm scared, excited, doubtful, hopeful, disappointed, proud. And that's just in the past ten seconds.

6 comments:

  1. Bravo! Nice compositions, intricate, fun and interesting chord progressions, brilliantly sung. Alison’s voice has such clarity and nuance. She interprets your songs beautifully. Well produced. Well done! My favorites are The Hook, The Muse and Without. Thanks for sharing. It’s about time ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jim; Thanks so much for the kind words. I'm always interested to hear which songs are the "favorites" of others. Appreciate you taking the time to listen to this - and you're right - it's about time!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, honey. Like I said in the post, if you and Mommy hadn't midwifed this, it might have languished for a long time. Thanks for all your help, and most significantly, your beautiful singing.

      Delete
  3. Hi Pat, I read this post when it was sent, and I would have sworn I commented...but alas, my excitement was not actually put here after all. This is AWESOME!!! Your words and your daughter's beautiful voice mix beautifully! Thank you both for sharing your talents with us! d.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. d; Thanks for the lovely feedback and your continuing support of my blog and music.

      Delete