About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Thursday, December 31, 2020

Best of 2020

Between Covid-19 and events in my personal life the past week, having the word "best" anywhere near to the year 2020 is a bit ludicrous. But, the blogger and optimist in me have converged and decided to give this a shot. I would benefit hearing good news from any of you right now, so please consider joining in here, using either my headings or ones of your own design. 

Best Broadway show: Though Ain't Too Proud To Beg - which I saw in February - didn't have much competition in this crazy year, I'm convinced it still would have been the best show of 2020 for me even had I made it to the Great White Way as many times as any normal year. It was a mind blowing theatrical experience.

Best book club discussion: Thanks to ZOOM (anyone heard of it?), my club had its first ever book jam in June; it ended up being the best book club discussion - in person, virtual, or socially distanced on a library lawn or otherwise - of the year. Of the books rhapsodized about by the folks who attended, I ended up subsequently reading two big winners - So Long, See You Tomorrow (William Maxwell) and A Little Life (Hanya Yanagihara).

Best Covid-19 distraction: Virtual games of Trivial Pursuit via ZOOM (anyone heard of it?)

Best sign of basic human kindness: At my Meals on Wheels location, the volunteer team never missed a beat ALL year. As a matter of fact, drivers and kitchen help were more dependable in 2020 than in any year since I began volunteering in 2010. It was inspiring. 

Best Saturday morning: November 7th.

Happy new year to all. I'm reasonably sure in saying 2021 will improve upon 2020.  


No comments:

Post a Comment