About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Friday, September 20, 2024

Rocky Mountain High

Though it's possible this third trip to Rocky Mountain National Park could be my last, my gratitude for having even one chance to visit here easily displaces any potential letdown. If you've never spent time in this part of heaven, I strongly recommend you add doing so to your list; you will be blown away. Picking a favorite National Park may be a fool's errand, but RMNP is clearly in the top tier. 

Today's hike to the aptly named Dream Lake was a fitting coda to this week. I can't imagine anyone who could resist being moved by the resplendent beauty of this place. Can any picture hope to capture even a small fraction of its idyllic splendor? Of course not. But if either the picture below or my entreaty to visit RMNP entices you - even in the smallest fashion - I'm satisfied.

In the meanwhile, I'm soon to be Jersey-bound on a Rocky Mountain High.


  


6 comments:

  1. Beautiful and aptly named blog. I was there in my 20's and climbed Long's Peak.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ines; Thanks for the comment. Long's Peak huh? Impressive,

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous picture gorgeous humans, I love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Pat. I never been in a National Park I didn’t love, but RMNP is truly spectacular.The mountain views are magnificent and the wildlife and birds are very different than what we see in Vermont. It snowed the day after we left and closed the main park high road for a few hours. Fortunately, the day before we drove to 11,600 ft. and climbed 200 more onto the frozen tundra ( like being above the Artic Circle) and got to see 5 white-tailed ptarmigan. The park is a birders paradise! Thanks, Pat for posting to let others know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jane; So nice to see a comment here from you. Thanks for reading. I only wish the hikers group had been able to do as originally planned and join the birders at 11,600 + feet. However, Dream Lake (at "only" 9,000 feet) was a joy nonetheless.

      Delete