About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Friday, August 12, 2016

Searching For A Tribe

Although clubs previously had limited appeal for me, my post full time work life has upended that paradigm. It recently occurred to me that I've been in search of a tribe since 2010, the common element being words.

My current tally is a 2-2 tie - two book clubs and two writing clubs. Other word-related temptations - thus far resisted - have included a Scrabble and a crossword club. And the last Teaching Company series I finished - "The Secret Life Of Words" - juiced me so much I briefly fantasized about starting my own etymology club.

Which of your passions prompts you to seek out a tribe? meetup.com led me to a bloggers group. Though that group didn't end up meeting my needs, if you're looking for a place to start, that website might be a good place to start. If you try it, let me and others know how it worked for you.

1 comment:

  1. Why not start a "Pat Barton" Club? There are lots of you out there.

    ReplyDelete