About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Wednesday, November 22, 2023

Goal for Year 75

It's that time again, at least for me. Even if you're not beginning a new year of your life tomorrow like I am, why not join me here and declare a goal you'd like to achieve between now and next November 22? We can keep each other company as we mark progress. If you're feeling ambitious you can declare more than one goal. I'm sticking with one primarily because on November 22 over the past twelve years, I've had more success in those years when I've focused on a single thing.  

Remember: Make your goal specific & measurable, include at least one action step, keep it realistic, and state your time frame. Constructing a "SMART" goal greatly enhances the likelihood you'll reach it. 

Before my 75th birthday on November 23, 2024, I will participate in or initiate at least ten jam sessions as a way to ensure I can improvise confidently on any one of the 319 jazz standards I've memorized since November 2011. 

Wish me luck. And good luck with your goal, birthday aside.  

       

8 comments:

  1. Happy birthday dad ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Happy Thanksgiving and Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ines; Thanks. Hope you had a good Thanksgiving as well.

      Delete
  3. That's a fantastic goal for this year...can't wait to hear you. After all of the practice you've been doing, you are going to sound great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words and good wishes, especially since you've had to endure so many hours listening to me review these songs, endlessly.

      Delete
  4. Good Morning, Pat. Happy Birthday and Happy Thanksgiving !!! I'm usually never good at making resolutions - New Years or otherwise, so I'm going to defer to yours and add that I look award to the opportunity to see/hear you play in those jam sessions.
    Be well,
    Bob

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bob (tetraology iteration); Thanks for the birthday wishes and the comment. Hope you and your family had a nice Thanksgiving. Lots to be thankful for.

      Delete