About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Forty-Six and Counting

At the start of 2024, I decided this year my blog would mark major holidays as well as celebrate many of the significant personal dates from my life. Significant-wise, April 17 is near the top of the heap.

About one week after meeting my life partner at a bar where I was playing at the time, we had our first date on April 17, 1978. Dinner at Long John's in Atlantic Highlands - great popovers, BTW - followed by drinks at the Union Jack in South River. The musician friend who was playing there that night - Glenn Burtnick - worked the same circuit as me in those years. 

Anyone who has ever heard our origin story knows the rest. During dinner, after noticing the fresh fragrance in her hair, I asked an inane question: "What shampoo do you use?" Her unaffected response - "Whatever is in the shower" - thoroughly enchanted me. Later that night, I told her I was going to marry her. 

Forty-six years later, that decision remains one of my best.


    

2 comments: