About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Friday, February 20, 2015

Who Could That Be At This Hour?

When was the last time you got caught in a 20th century loop?

Arriving home late last night, I belatedly remembered it was my niece's birthday. My options by century:
20th - phone call, e-mail; 21st - text.

So far, so good. Because I wanted to hear her voice, I initially discarded e-mail and text as options. But then my brain inexplicably journeyed way back. Even the phone call got ruled out because ... I grew concerned the late night ringing might disturb my niece's newborn! So 1985.

Of course, despite my inadvertent time machine adventure, the first two discarded options still remained until midnight. But my cell phone was (predictably) without a charge and AOL had been flaky for me all day. At that point I swear, leaving a voice mail on her cell using our so 20th century landline did not even occur to me.

This pathetic saga ended earlier today. Happy birthday a day late is better than none at all. And it was nice hearing my niece's voice.

1 comment:

  1. You neglected to mention sending a drone.

    ReplyDelete