About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Old Stuff

I've met very few people who don't enjoy some activity related to old stuff. It also seems to me lots of couples share a passion for similar old stuff. How closely do you and your partner fit this model?

I know several couples who routinely spend the whole day antiquing together. Store to store they go, two peas in a pod. I've also heard folks describe what a charge they get out of watching "Antique Road Show" together. For still others I've known, Saturday mornings are carved out for garage or yard sales.

Though my wife and I part ways on those examples above, whenever we find ourselves alone with time on our hands in a new place, even money you'll find us side-by-side if a pile of musty books is anywhere nearby. And on the rare occasions she's able to convince me to tag along when she goes antiquing with others  - zero chance she'll get me to a garage or yard sale - she never has to look far. I'm either by the books or the old LPs, one pea in a pod, but just as happy with my old stuff as others are with theirs.

No comments:

Post a Comment