About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Saturday, September 9, 2017

Home Away From Home

If someone were to ask you where you were when you first watched a particular movie, would you be able to recall?

Of the way-too-many films I've seen in my life, I can most reliably place those that I first saw while away from home. For this particular subset of movies, your favorite film geek can often visualize lying in a hotel room bed, being on an airplane, sitting in a movie theater I'll likely never again visit, as well as the film attached to those particular experiences. Does this happen to you?

For this reason, "The Glass Castle" - from the Jeannette Walls memoir of the same name - will now be linked with my recent visit  to the Adirondacks. Though the book is better - big surprise, right? - the film is well worth seeing. Woody Harrelson - in my opinion, an underrated actor of great range - is terrific and all three actors who play Jeannette Walls as a child, adolescent, and adult are also first rate.

For the same reason, the less said about the last movie I watched while on an airplane - "Hot Pursuit" - the better. And I like Reese Witherspoon.  

No comments:

Post a Comment