About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Saturday, May 2, 2020

Sharing Thoughtful Acts

As this health crisis drags on, what thoughtful acts most recently reminded you of the angels in your life?

Because my daily coffee jaunts to WAWA have been seriously curtailed the past several weeks, imagine my delight upon discovering the package at the left a few days ago sitting by my front door. Thank you angel #1.

Then, last night, more pixie dust landed at my feet. At the conclusion of our ZOOM meeting, following the most recent iteration of our now weeks-old Trivial Pursuit-athon, a singing voice I treasure unexpectedly filled the air. Angels #2 & 3 had cued up my daughter singing one of my songs from the CD I released a few months ago. It would be hard to over-state how moved I was by this thoughtful act.

What are your current plans for bringing joy to someone? Inspired by my three angels, I'm planning to begin in earnest today. Bonus: Sharing your ideas for thoughtful acts here might give others good ideas. There is no downside to sharing thoughtful acts.   

7 comments:

  1. How lovely. David and I canvased friends and neighbors who wanted some freshly cut tulips from a tulip farm that is struggling. I coordinated the effort, he went and picked up 200 tulips and delivered them. Brought a little joy to all of us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ines; Thanks for the comment. What a funny coincidence that just last night I first learned about this same local tulip farm.

      Delete
  2. My Angel fixed a delicious vegetarian lunch of grilled eggplant asparagus and a little side dish of pasta. It doesn’t really get much better than this. In return I got out of my pajama pants and I’m wearing real pants all day long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scott; Thanks for the comment and congratulations on getting out of your jammies!

      Delete
  3. My angel fixed some gluten and dairy free waffles for me for dinner when the online recipes said it was not doable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Herb; Thanks for reading and your comment. Based on your comment and the one directly above from another friend, it appears the angels who you both live with are ensuring you stay nourished. Of course, my angel is doing the same for me and I surely don't take that for granted. My post was about the angels with whom I don't reside. Mea culpa.

      Delete