About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Monday, August 1, 2011

Caution: Cannibalized Conversation Ahead?

Since being called on it, I've become more conscious about cannibalizing too much of any one conversation for later use in this blog. I realized if I'm not careful, I could alienate people or make them more circumspect about what they say around me if they're worried it could turn up here. Although I know the comparison is ludicrous, I found myself thinking of the reaction the late Truman Capote got to his last book, a roman-a-clef called "Answered Prayers".  Don't laugh - I started to get a little worried. Me & Truman. 

On the other hand, some of my posts that have gotten a really good response have featured small pieces of conversations I've had. In addition, several people have said things to me like "...Hey, why don't you blog about what we talked about?..." etc. My conclusion: Exercise caution but continue using my interactions with others as potential content. After all, my interactions and conversations likely share common ground with others on the bell curve, right? And, if anyone sees "too much" of them reflected here, they can give me a heads-up. Anyone I don't interact with who is reading the blog - you're safe, unless you comment on a posting.

A final note: Although I'd like to reflect on many subjects people have suggested to me, I'm firm about my format remaining brief. So, it might be a while before I do a post on poverty. But thanks for all your suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment