About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Monday, August 17, 2020

Is It Safe?

https://lincolnproject.us/video/

I usually think of myself as someone with appropriate boundaries. I respect the privacy of others and try not to ask intrusive questions. And under normal circumstances, I'm not terribly interested in the lives of people in the public eye.

Still, I'm confident saying if someone were to invite me to eavesdrop on a conversation between Kellyanne Conway and her husband George following the release of the latest Lincoln Project video, my scruples about boundaries and privacy would be scuttled. Could you resist being a fly on the wall in this situation? If you could, consider yourself morally superior to me, at least in this circumstance.

What do you suppose the chances are of George getting a dinner invite to the White House? Speaking of dinner, how frequently do you think Kellyanne and George are breaking bread these days? Many long-term couples - my wife and I included - have, over the years, developed strategies to avoid making others uncomfortable. At one point we tried calling each other "Ward" or "June" to help us defuse such awkward moments. If you could suggest something - call it a "safe" word - to Kellyanne and George to assist them in their moments, what would you choose? I'd go for "tweet". What do you think?

4 comments:

  1. I have often said to David that I can't imagine how Kellyanne and George can be under the same roof much less what they talk about! I am not sure which Lincoln Project video you are referring to. A whole bunch showed up. I watched the last two but I am not sure what they have to do with the topic of this post....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ines; I wasn't referring to a specific Lincoln Project video. Any one of them would be enough to drive Kellyanne around the bend since they all feature her boss at his worst moments. And he's got plenty of those moments for George and his associates to choose from. Thanks for your comment.

      Delete
  2. Here is my cynical take: George and Kellyanne know exactly what they are doing: each making money and 'influencers' in their respective parties. Once this Trump chapter closes (Lord hear our plea), they will pitch a "Point/Counterpoint" talk show and make buckets of money. With all the grifters around Trump, i don't believe any of them truly Believe a single thing they are saying. What sells? What inflames? Oh, then we'll do that. I am at my most cynical. This is what Trump regime has done to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unknown; Although your theory is wholly plausible - i.e. it's all about the $$$ - I'm hesitant to let myself dwell on that distinct possibility, primarily because I could end up having to medicate myself. In any case, thanks for your comment, especially the "Lord hear our plea" entreaty.

      Delete