About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Saturday, May 11, 2019

Mr. Id: In Memoriam (May 4, 2011 - May 11, 2019)

Anyone know the average life expectancy of a doppelganger? What is the human equivalent in years for an alter ego that has existed in cyber-space for eight years and a week? And who writes the obit, creator or evil twin? A shared byline, you say? You got it.

Mr. Id was created on May 4, 2011 when I was new to blogging. In those early days keeping any reader mattered to me so much that hiding behind an evil twin felt like a good idea if I was going to express a provocative opinion of any kind. Re-reading his maiden post reminds me how meek I was in 2011.
 
https://reflectionsfromthebellcurve.blogspot.com/2011/05/introducing-mr-id.html

Over the years, my reach never exceeded my obsequious creator's puny ambitions. I'd like to think my most popular post - directly below - was connected to my trenchant view of the Presidential election that had just taken place. But the significant number of views this post received coincides with the late 2016 - early 2017 spike in views of the milquetoast blogger who invented me. What a wimp.

https://reflectionsfromthebellcurve.blogspot.com/2016/12/a-christmas-chortle-from-mr-id.html

So, which of my posts are worthy of my name? Since you won't be hearing from Mr. Id anymore - the wuss writing this blog now tells you when he's crabby by including that word in his post titles - here are two I really like. If you ask your dog for kisses or you're a white supremacist, skip them both. Been fun writing my own obit but the nerd gets the last word so scroll down. I'm outta here.

https://reflectionsfromthebellcurve.blogspot.com/2011/05/mrid-returns.html

https://reflectionsfromthebellcurve.blogspot.com/2018/01/a-patriotic-proposal-from-mr-id-patriot.html

Sharing this byline reminds me of the meetings Mr. Id and I had in the shower over the years. After thirty some posts, I'll miss hiding behind him but at almost seventy it's time to own my stuff, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment