About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Saturday, December 30, 2023

Best of 2023

Please join me by taking a moment to review 2023 and then share here one or more things that made this year memorable for you. If any of my headings gives you an idea or gets you started, great. Otherwise, use whatever comes to you. Your memory or idea for a heading could well inspire others. 

Most inspirational quote uncovered for future blog post use: "Success is not final; failure is not fatal." - Winston Churchill 

Best moment combining exercise and the natural world: A mid-August sunset over the Navesink River while kayaking with my wife. 

Best documentary: Chowchilla

Reflections From The Bell Curve: Chowchilla

Best party The surprise my daughter and I put together for my wife to celebrate our fortieth wedding anniversary. My new son-in-law earned points for suggesting the party be held at the same bar where my wife and I met in April of 1978.

Best reading-related moment: While browsing together in a bookstore, it dawned on me how lucky I am to have a life partner who enjoys spending time this way. Our mutual love of reading is such a gift.

Happy New Year!

 

2 comments:

  1. A view of the Navisink better than something seen in Zion, Arches, Canyonland? You should apply to be a NJ Ambassador or PR consultant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous; First off, I'm impressed that you recollected my early-in-2023 blog post about visits to the National Parks in Utah. And I agree I'd be an excellent NJ Ambassador. All that aside, that moment in August on the Navesink was the perfect combo of exercise and the natural world, Utah or not. Thanks for the comment and also for paying attention to my earlier post.

      Delete