About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Friday, November 22, 2013

A George Bailey Goal For Year 65

After reviewing the goals I publicly declared here on this date the last two years (a day before my birthday), it dawned on me - time to develop a goal putting more emphasis on others.

A model I've found useful for turning goals into more than words is to make them specific, measurable, action-oriented, realistic and time framed = SMART. So...

Every week for the next year (time framed/measurable), I will acknowledge out loud or in writing a contribution one person has made that has enriched my life (specific/action oriented). Realistic? I think so. I've already begun composing a list (surprise!) of 52 people to acknowledge to ensure I'll reach this worthwhile, more outward-focused goal.

I'm calling this my George Bailey goal, in honor of the character Jimmy Stewart played in "It's A Wonderful Life". Why not join me over the next year and acknowledge a few George Baileys from your life? Most of us have plenty of them, don't we?

3 comments:

  1. The most sublime act is to set another before you.
    --William Blake

    ReplyDelete
  2. Om Vardhanam Namah
    I nourish the universe and the universe nourishes me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That last was from Deepak Chopra. Since I don't know Sanskrit, I'll trust Deepak and assume this is the real translation, as opposed to something like, "the person with the most toys finishes first".

    ReplyDelete