About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Friday, August 19, 2016

More What?

"Wait, what?"

That was my reaction upon learning of a surprising and unconventional decision made by a young woman I know. In that moment, I realized the word "what" is missing far too frequently from my present life, especially when accompanied by that raised inflection indicating someone has been genuinely surprised by something I've said or done. Effective immediately, I'm aiming for more what in my life. And as long as the what is attached to surprising someone - including myself - I'll accept it in any tense, e.g.

"You're going to do what?"

"You're doing what?"

"You did what?"

Care to join me? Better yet, tell me and others something you're planning to do, are doing, or have done lately that prompted a what? from someone in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment