About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Sunday, August 28, 2016

Turning The Tables

"Individuals who are realized in their own lives almost never criticize others. If they speak at all, it is to offer encouragement. Watch yourself. Of all the manifestations of resistance, most only harm ourselves. Criticism and cruelty hurt others as well."  - from "The War Of Art" (2002), Stephen Pressfield.

Timing is everything. If I hadn't read "Big Magic" - Elizabeth Gilbert's amazing book about creativity - just a week before, Stephen Pressfield's would have been the best book about that subject I'd read in the last ten years. The universe is clearly speaking to me about my own creative journey.

"Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has a genius, magic, and power in it. Begin it, now." - Johann Goethe

Some of the recent spooky occurrences in my life - "Into The Wild" mysteriously appearing in my mailbox, the only Ann Patchett novel I've ever read ("State of Wonder") turning up in both "Big Magic" and today's "By The Book" feature in the NY Times, Stephen Pressfield using the same Goethe quote featured in the Great Courses lecture I'm currently listening to -  have gotten my attention.

"There never was a moment, and never will be, when we are without the power to alter our destiny. This second we can turn the tables on resistance." -from "The War of Art". I'm ready. How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment