About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Thursday, May 25, 2017

Blurbing In The Wind

Although premature, I've now settled on the authors who will be effusively blurbing about my book after it's complete. And, since I'm already deep in fantasy land, it can't hurt to make suggestions to these folks, based on what I've learned reading their work. For the record, ladies and gentlemen, verbatim copying is acceptable.

"Fresh, surprising, and notably free of the clichés that frequently mar debuts. Bravo." - Martin Amis

"Smart, prescient, and full of dialogue that reads like real conversation." - Jennifer Egan

"No irony, no pretense, and none of the boring bits that Elmore Leonard always told writers to avoid. Try not to laugh; I dare you." - Nick Hornby

"Filled with quiet wisdom." - Marilynne Robinson

"Wildly discursive yet completely coherent. How did Mr. Barton do that?" - Philip Roth

No comments:

Post a Comment