About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Monday, January 1, 2018

Stop - Start - Continue: 2018

For the seventh consecutive year, today is your opportunity to publicly declare here what you plan to stop, start, and continue as the new year begins. Each January 1, it's been encouraging to learn of readers who have been inspired to use this model to plot their true north for the coming year. If you decide to join in this year, please consider making a comment - you might inspire others.

In 2018 I plan to stop avoiding some topics I've been hesitant to write about on this blog. What have I got to lose?    

I also plan to start aggressively seeking out local musicians to jam with as I approach the finish line of my memorization project, first announced here 11/22/11. Although my use of Craigslist this past year for this purpose yielded a semi-disastrous result, I've got other ideas of ways to find musicians in 2018.

Finally, I will continue heeding the ideas of my adult students as my playlists evolve in the music courses I teach. Doing so in 2017 yielded several wonderful musical surprises as well as reinforcing a lesson I've been trying to internalize my entire adult life - truly valuing the input of others helps me let go of my own ego.

2 comments: