About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Friday, June 16, 2023

Be My Guest

Although the offer is always out there, it's been quite a while since I've publicly issued a reminder to those of you who might want to be a guest contributor on my blog. Regular readers will be more familiar with what I aim for here, but for the more infrequent visitors to the bell curve who might want to give this a try - including a few folks in my writing group who have recently expressed interest - please note:

* Aim for concision. Most of my posts are three or four short paragraphs. Go for a length where the average person can finish reading a post in about the time it takes to empty the bladder, seated.  

* Although my choice of topics is purposefully broad, I've largely avoided politics or strident polemics. Please do the same. And no profanity. 

* Use of questions is encouraged. I started this blog to engage readers, not to lecture or give advice. 

If any of you decide you want to give it a go, get your e-mail address to me in either a comment on this post or contact me offline somehow. I'll reach out to you. Once you land on a topic, try writing it as though you - an average person on the bell curve - are reading it. From the outset, my intended audience  has been people who want to .. a.) love and be loved; b.) take care of their families; c.) work at something meaningful; d.) leave the world a slightly better place. That is, nearly everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment