About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Thursday, June 1, 2023

The Joy Spreader

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAatPPEaZDA

Although most of the things I've been called over the years are not worth repeating - let alone holding onto - when my daughter recently called me a "joy spreader", I happily embraced that. What inspired her to label me this way? 

I defy you to listen to the YouTube clip above and not get juiced. Wherever I am, whatever I'm doing, whoever I'm with, when What is Hip? begins playing, that infectious musical energy puts me over the top. As my daughter watched me get ignited when Tower of Power began doing their magic, she decided to send a video of my rapture to her social media network. The response to that video prompted her to call me a joy spreader. Although I can accept a tiny bit of credit, it's really about this remarkable song and performance. 

The driving bass, the kinetic guitar playing, those explosive horns, what's not to like? Go ahead, put it on  and tell me your feet don't start moving involuntarily or your face doesn't break into a wide grin. I dare you. Spread the joy. How can this possibly be anything but a wonderful thing to do? 

3 comments:

  1. What a nice thing to be called! Keep spreading joy. I would have liked the social media video:). Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ines; Yeah, I don't mind at all being so labelled. I'll see if my daughter can send me that brief video and if so, I'll send it to you via e-mail.

      Delete
  2. Hey Bob; Glad I picked a song you like so much, although I have to admit that's not a surprise to me. I mean, what's not to like? Thanks for the comments (4 in one day again, bless your heart), your continued patronage of my blog, and the nice feedback about my enthusiasm. You're a mensch!

    ReplyDelete