About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Sunday, August 13, 2023

Still Here, Sort Of

Avoid labeling this thought experiment as morbid. Treat it instead in the spirit in which it is intended.

When you are gone, what signs would you like to send back to those who loved you to remind them you're watching their lives unfold? Put aside for a moment whether you believe in a spirit or an energy that transcends our physical beings and answer this: What tone would your spirit or energy take? For example, would you want loved ones to know you're watching by playing pranks on them, say, hiding their keys in a place they wouldn't think to look, like, next to a picture of you? 

Or, would you want your spirit or energy to manifest somehow via signs you send through the natural world, e.g., the orb of a full moon accompanied by a birdsong that you taught loved ones to recognize? Or, maybe your spirit or energy could hide itself in plain sight via an art form - music, literature, film? Even the most casual reader of my blog might guess this is my idea of an optimum way to let loved ones know I'm still here, sort of. Of course, this is assuming the choice is up to me. If not, I'd be happy being the prankster or signaling my presence via the natural world. Now that I've given you a few ideas, please tell me some of yours. 

Anyway, although I'm planning on being around as long as possible, it doesn't hurt to give this some thought. And in the meanwhile, if I drop enough hints to loved ones while I'm still around, regardless of the tone my spirit or energy ends up taking, they could start seeing me everywhere. Good deal.  

4 comments:

  1. After every storm, I’d send a rainbow. For every raindrop that falls over overhead, a shower of love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous; Like the rainbow idea. How would your loved ones know it was you sending it?

      Delete
  2. Hello, Pat,
    For me .. I'd probably go with the ones that I've heard about previously ... It's been said that when you see a Cardinal fly by that it's a sign from a loved one. A breeze on an otherwise windless day. All of a sudden getting a whiff of a perfume or cologne that the person wore. Or, as my wonderful daughter tells me, when she sees a quick flash of light passing through a room in her house - she believes it to be my mother, her grandmother, watching over her and her family. To be honest I'm not 100% sure I believe this or not, if I believe at all, but it does give a nice feeling, so ... there's always that.
    Be well,
    Bob

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bob; Thanks for spending precious time responding to my blog posts. Means more to me than I can express.

      Delete