About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Tuesday, August 1, 2023

Act Three Day

https://reflectionsfromthebellcurve.blogspot.com/2022/09/tbc-celebrating-third-act.html

I asked you to remind me. But no matter that you did not. Following a tradition established on this date in 2012, I hereby decree from this day forward August 1 be celebrated as Act Three Day. And even if Hallmark does not climb on board, post offices and libraries remain open, and many otherwise ignore my newest brilliant idea for a holiday in this barren month, I steadfastly maintain those of us in act three - especially the ones who get no attention on grandparents day - deserve to be feted one day a year. Got ideas for ways to get this party started? I do.

* We pay just 50% of admission price for concerts, movies, plays, or sporting events on this day. And no charge for refreshments.  

* We automatically go to the front of any queue. Proof of age offered on request but tread carefully you whippersnappers. 

* A one day moratorium is declared on all patronizing age-related remarks, e.g., "You're in such good shape for a 70 year-old", etc. While we're at it, how about just for August 1 we set aside some tired adjectives frequently used to describe people in act three, e.g., spry

Other ideas? Come on, help me out here. This is attempt #12 at bringing August into line with all the other months, each of which has at least one major holiday.   


4 comments:

  1. If you’re only in act 3, you have two more acts to go according to Shakespeare. No discounts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous; In fact, if I were using Shakespeare's (sometimes) five act structure, I'd be nearing the end of Act Four. Which would mean I'd still have a full act to go. Cool. Thanks for the comment and the extra act (and a little bit.)

      Delete
  2. Good afternoon, Pat. Sorry for responding to this 'holiday' post so late, but ... Well, I have no excuse other to say that I continue to support the effort to establish nationwide. And I definitely agree with the benefits you mentioned. If I may, however, ask one thing that is somewhat the same arena but somewhat different. I would request that the term 'Sir, Ma'am, etc' be limited to an amount that we set as appropriate. Other than that .. Consider me with you on this. By the way .. I absolutely love the half fair on NJ Transit.
    Be well,
    Bob

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bob; No apologies necessary. Thanks for the comment and affirmation of my idea. Great idea about the moratorium on that "Sir, Ma'am" stuff too.

      Delete