About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Sunday, September 10, 2023

Acknowledging Our Tribe

On Friday, friends and family came from as close as the next town over and from as far away as California to help my wife and me celebrate forty years of marriage at the very place where we met forty-five years ago this past April. 

Looking around that room, I was again reminded how rich our life has been and continues to be. There were nine people - five family members and four friends - who celebrated our marriage with us in September, 1983. One of those friends has been part of my life for longer than I've known my wife. 

At the same time, several others who were present are recent and welcome additions to our tribe, including a couple who are part of our Rogue Scholar travel group, the new partner of a longtime friend - who we met for the first time earlier this summer - and my son-in-law's mother and sister. Those two made an eight-hour drive from Ohio to be part of our celebration. Others fought the ferocious Friday Jersey traffic travelling from all over the state as well as upstate New York and Connecticut. Both my wife and I are grateful for all these special folks who made such an effort to celebrate with us.

How recently have you paused to acknowledge your gratitude for people who enrich your life? Was that acknowledgment tied to a specific event? If yes, what was the event? 


5 comments:

  1. Gratitude is such a potent practice and gratitude for people who enrich my life is at the top of the list. I can't say I practice gratitude daily but I do frequently. Thanks for the reminder to cherish our tribe. Yours and Kim's are awesome as we witnessed on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ines; Glad you were part of the celebration. And thanks for the comment.

      Delete
  2. What a fun night that I will remember forever! Love you, and cheers to 40 years!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, Pat .. A simple comment for today ...
    Happy '40th' Anniversary to you and Kim. Two great people that I am glad to know.
    Be well,
    Bob

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bob; Thanks for the anniversary wishes and kind words!

      Delete