About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Attention, Aretha: Authorized Alternatives Ahead

Two parts to this post, both inspired after hearing "Respect" at my local coffee shop.

Part 1: "R-E-S-P-E-C-T: Find out what it means to me; R-E-S-P-E-C-T: Take care, _ _ _"

OK, fill in the three blanks above; no fair peeking at the Internet, either. If you promise right now to comment on Part 2 of this post, I'll reveal the answer below to this mystery of greater significance than anything contained in Dan Brown's novels.

Part 2: Now, I'll start us out with three other words and logical rhyming phrases Aretha is hereby authorized to use as alternatives for R-E-S-P-E-C-T. Then, it's your turn to do the same.

a.) "V-O-L-C-A-N-O: Get so mad, I want to blow"
b.) "T-R-I-P-L-E-T: Wanted two, then out came three"
c.) "D-I-G-N-I-T-Y: Choose the way I wish to die"  (I know it's bleak; lighten up, will you?)

Did you offer another? OK, the blanks in part 1 are for T-C-B. But the mystery doesn't end there does it? What does that mean? I'll only reveal the answer to that if you promise to forward this blog post to ten people. Five? Two? Your mother? Oh, all right. (T-C-B = "Taking care of business"). Only a music geek like me will admit to knowing this piece of utterly useless information.  

1 comment: