About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Monday, February 22, 2016

Beauty And Mystery

"Those who dwell among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life." Rachel Carson 

It's difficult to over-state how rejuvenated I feel after spending an extended period in nature. In addition to the feeling of renewal, some of my most profound moments of clarity have taken place while outdoors, especially in places of intense quiet.

Although not temperamentally suited to a Thoreau-like life of isolation, each time I commune with the earth it feels like it takes a bit longer re-acclimating. Do you detect a similar pattern in your re-entries? My next prolonged experience with nature can never come too soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment