About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Sunday, January 5, 2020

Helping Me Grow

Modern Love: True Stories of Love, Loss, & Redemption (2019) is a book that can change your life.

Editor Daniel Jones culled some of the best essays from the popular NY Times column sorting them into four themes. Several of my favorites fell into the group Jones titled Holding On Through The Curve, although it's possible my favorite essays and grouping will change when I re-read the book.

And I will re-read it and I'll be better for having done so. I've been reading Modern Love since its inception in 2004 and can't recall ever being disappointed or finishing an essay without learning something about either the human condition or myself.

I'm curious to know what you learn about yourself if you decide to read this wonderful collection. I learned that my partner of forty two years has helped me grow into someone more worthy of being loved.     

No comments:

Post a Comment